As we said before, here at E2mTravel we will not only sell you a travel package, but a veritable experience. To make sure you enjoy every aspect of your trip, we are always one call/click away from a recommendation or a suggestion in case you need the advice of a local for the local experience.
To make sure you have a starting point for “best of local cuisine”, we have prepared a list of recommended restaurants. Some restaurants on this list are traditional and serve Romanian dishes, others are simply preferred by the locals and have gained a reputation in Cluj.
The restaurants we chose have a link to their Tripadvisor page, so you can find the location more easily and also read the latest reviews.
- Varzarie – Traditional Romanian and Eastern European dishes, soups and a variety of courses based on meat. Central location, big portions.
- Kaja Tanya – Traditional Hungarian food. Cozy bistro with central location. Vegetarian-friendly and known for their delicious pork dishes.
- VIA Restaurant – Italian and Central European cuisine, simple but classy, known for their beef recipe. Appreciated for: Yorkshire Pudding. Ideal place for experiencing fine dining in Cluj.
- Restaurant Panoramic Cetatuie – We add this restaurant on the list because of its amazing view over Cluj-Napoca. Customers reviews state that the food is good, but the service is sometimes slow.
- Baracca – This place has great reviews regarding service and quality and tasty desserts. Specific: Italian, French, International, Mediterranean, European, Central European.
- SoupeR – This is a vegetarian friendly place, ideal for a quick lunch and a delicious soup. They serve Romanian soups and the menu changes daily.
- Tokyo Japanese Restaurant – A reviewer says about this place that “Though a bit on the pricy side the sushi is absolutely divine and the service impeccable.” This seems to be the general impression about this restaurant. The specific of the place is: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Gluten Free Options, Vegetarian Friendly.
Pubs, Bars and Nightlife
- The Soviet – This quirky bar is really popular among young people. The name of the drinks from the menu are very funny and they will take you to the Communism times. The walls are covered in funny posters and paintings and everything from the furniture to the cups you drink your coffee from have an old, vintage feeling. Large variety of beers.
- Crush Wine Bar – Here is a recent tourist’s review for this hip wine bar “The combination between the very tasty food, the great wine and the perfect staff makes you have a great experience. I recommend it on weekdays, not weekend. In the weekend it is noisy as they usually have parties.”
- The Londoner – Great English Pub – This pub and nightclub ranks as the best nightlife place in Cluj-Napoca on Tripadvisor. A recent review states “The Londoner Pub is the place to go for great cocktails and music. It has a lively atmosphere, friendly staff and cool design.”. Perfect place to mingle with the locals and make new friends.
- Shto College Bar – “Shto it’s a cool place where you can go in the mornings to have your coffee (“Cafeaua casei” is the best), in the evenings to relax with friends, and in the nights to have a lot of fun! Friendly and awesome staff and great atmosphere! ”. Preferred by students and ideal for tourists to get to feel Cluj’s vibe.
- Tube – Social Chemistry – “Tube is a great place for a nice coffee. The design is really nice, they serve sugar syrup in test tubes instead of sugar, which is an excellent idea. The music is great, the staff are friendly and the prices are the best in the city”.
- Beraria Ursus – This is a traditional Romanian pub which has a large variety of beers, good food and even some options for vegetarians. Must visit if you want to spend some time in a pub which is specific to Romania.
If you choose to book the Cluj city break, we will make sure we recommend you the best places that are close to your hotel or to the destinations on your visiting list.